For some reason, it’s not configured by default.
- Login to your router Web UI on
192.168.18.1. The default credentials are
- Go to ⚙️ > Maintenance Diagnosis > Configuration file & Download your current config, just in case.
- Go to ⚙️ > WAN, Open your current config & take a screenshot of it
- Delete your current configuration, this will cut off your internet connection
- Create a new connection, copying your previous config, with these changes:
- Set protocol type to “IPv4/IPv6”
- Set password to your dial password. It’s included in the documents when you’ve setting it up for the first time. A copy is also emailed to you.
- Set everything in the IPv6 Information block to DHCPv6
- Your internet should be back on now. Disconnect & reconnect your devices to get them an IPv6 address.
- Check your IPv6 status at https://ipv6test.google.com/
If things are broken, restore settings from the config screenshot, or restore the config file at the same place you created the backup from.